What is your property worth?
Get a complimentary, confidential Comparable Market Analysis and find out what your property is worth in today's market.
What we do...
Research the current market and laws in your area. How much are properties similar to yours selling for? How long have they been on the market? What property disclosure laws do you need to take into consideration?
Set the price. Once we know the specifics about your home and have checked out what similar properties in your area are selling for, we agree on a realistic price listing price.
Perform a “walk-through” of your property. Look at it from the perspective of both the prospective buyer and the inspector.
From the street it should have good “curb appeal”.
- Does it need a new coat of paint?
- Is the lawn and landscaping attractive and well-kept?
- Is the front door appealing?
- Are the windows and doors attractive and in good condition?
- Are the roof (and the gutters) in good condition?
First impressions matter.
- Interior paint and finishes should be in good condition. For a minimal investment, you could possibly make or break a sale by having your home look well-kept and inviting.
- Light fixtures should be clean and in working order. Having good lighting in each room is important so that prospective buyers don’t think you’re hiding something.
- Are the appliances in good working order?
- All plumbing and electrical systems should be in good condition.
- Carpets or other floor coverings need to be clean and in good condition.
- Are the sealants (sink, shower, tub, windows) in good condition?
- Get rid of the clutter!
Know your neighborhood. Most prospective buyers will want to know about the local schools, shopping, parks, transportation, etc.
Establish a marketing plan. Create a plan on how to best reach prospective buyers, both local and out-of-town. Since many people do relocate from a distance, we include comprehensive Internet advertising in your plan.
Professional Photography: A must! Many times the internet is the first introduction to your property, professional photography at no cost to the seller.
Prepare a flyer. We design a single sheet "flyer" with a description of your property listing features and benefits that will draw in prospective buyers and utilize our beautiful professional photography.
Schedule open houses. While most are held on the weekend, sometimes and evening works best, or during the business day for an agent open house.
Communication with prospective buyers or their agents. We make sure to keep track of prospects and follow up telephone calls and emails to all those who seem seriously interested in your property.
Once you have an offer, it’s time to negotiate. We work closely with you to negotiate offers and achieve the best results for you:
- Inspection contingencies
- Financing terms
- Date of closing
- Date of possession
- It would be prudent for you to have an attorney review any and all contracts before the deal is finalized
Manage the paper work and appointments. Several forms are required for the legal sale of your property. The contract to purchase is one of many forms that we will help you prepare and review. We will schedule and provide access for all inspections appraisals and repairs if needed.
Final walk-through. When both the buyer(s) and a witness can be present, schedule a final walk-through before you complete settlement in order to determine that the property being conveyed meets the expectations of all parties involved. Resolve any disputes before the transfer of title.